Nice wall mount for mYBike. fits in effortlessly . multiple options for hanging the bicycle. Only concern is the plastic coating over the hook( blue color) . I fear in due course of time it will get peeled off, as a preventive measure i have taped it with insulation tape.
Excellent product, well made, strong with good protection for your rims.
Good and easy to fit
Very easy to install
MR here from HK. I brought a couple of these in Jan 2018 and they are a good simple bike hook for storing your bike wall or ceiling (you can use for either and very useful for HK where no space)
The only problem with hook is that there re no install diagram from Decathalon (just hook) so easy to install wrong way around. There is a photo put up by decathlon in a . post above to help with install (but this is a different bike hook so not very helpful)
For those who need help here are text instructions, if you need to see photo you can google bike hook photos from UK / France to see correct install (I am happy to post my HK photo but cant see how to upload
Wall Instructions (easy):
- when you are using to store your bike on wall hold took to wall and screw with blue hook horizontal on side and your screws and screw holes need to be vertical one above the other
- for screws and wall holes you need long screws 30mm (1" ) or longer with plastic wall plugs (6mm + wide) to hold your screw in HK concrete walls (if to short or no wall plug screw will pull out)
- one your hook is installed it will hold your bike to wall using front wheel with no pressure on spokes (the hook should hold the rim of front tire not spoke and back tire should rest on wall below to support
- this is even easier as just screw in on roof but use but more pressure on rim (as all weight is vertical with no support from back tire)
- for vertical ceiling install the screw / wall holes should be more secure as more pressure on screws - try 30mm - 45mm screws and use strong plastic wall plugs (6mm - 8mm wide to hold your screw)
A very useful item for bicycle storage. An excellent product with an offordable price. I recommend !
Really disappointing no instructions...no screw....pr oduct is very different as shown online
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. Apologies for not having enough content online for assembly instructions. I have written to the product manager in France to have this content as soon as possible. Please refer to this image to get an idea of where to place the holder. I remain available if you have more questions.
Value for money
It is a no frills bike hook. Does the job.
First of all it's not a wall hanging fixture for bicycle...please don't misguide...totally wastage of money
Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. The wall hook is a very simple device to hang your bike. It has 2 holes where you drill into the wall (not the roof). The hook is parallel to the floor and not perpendicular. The bike with the rear wheel on the floor is lifted using the handle bar and the front wheel is placed in the hook. I remain available for if you have any questions.